Sunday, March 18, 2007

Model Set: High Mountain Shrine


Here is one of the projects I have been working on given by my teacher Barron Storey. Were were supposed to make an environment piece from our own story. I decided to make a high mountain shrine that plays an important role in my story and characters. The idea was to build the environment and play with the lighting using flashlights all while thinking about focal points. We were also supposed to think of the model set as theatre stage sets. We had to think about where the characters would walk around and interact. We were also supposed to use these sets as refrence for our drawings and put our characters in the environment. I built my set out of found objects. I used a cardboard box foundation to begin. I then used foam board, tape, paper bags, newspaper, paper mache, and then painted with acrylic paints. This was a lot of fun and helpful. Here I have pictures of the model set as well as thumbnail drawings of the initial concept of what i wanted the set to look like.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Good words.